How to Start a Career
What career are you interested in? Do you know what is required to achieve your career aspirations? What degree should I pursue to achieve my career aspirations? What steps must I follow to achieve my target career? How will it take me to achieve it? Where are the jobs and what are the future prospects in my career? These are some of the questions answered in our comprehensive career guides. Check our easy-to-understand career infographics.
What can I do with my degree?
You are considering one of the several college degrees offered in your dream university; you are already pursuing one or you have already graduated. What can you possibly do with your degree? Which careers match the skills gained while pursuing your degree. learn more from our comprehensive guides.
Here are some of the other available resources to help you through college and after college:
- Free Online University Courses/OpenCourseWare A list of Universities offering free online courses.
- Landing your First Job After College. This guide will help recent university graduates to overcome competition and land their fast job.
- Career and Degree Information Tool Simplified Career Comparison and Decision Tool to help students compare all careers listed in the latest Occupation Outlook Handbook.
- Graduate Early from College Proven tips to help students graduate early and on time.
- Becoming an A Student. A guide to earning top grades and graduating top of the class.
- Tips to Winning a Scholarship. Figuring out how to pay for college can be stressful. Luckily, there are scholarships and other forms of financial aid for most students, whether freshmen or already in school. Here are great ways to win a college scholarship.
- Guide to non-profit Careers A guide to the many careers in the non-profit.
- Interview Tips Here are the do’s don’ts before, during and after a job interview.
- A guide to green Careers. Green careers have gained popularity over time. A job outlook for a career path in this field is promising; this is because the notion of a clean economy is emphasized in all the states. Here is a comprehensive guide and resources to green careers.
- Guide and Resources for students with Disabilities A comprehensive guide and resources for students with disabilities.
- Scholarship Resources. Looking to increase your chances of winning a college scholarship? We have a guide just for you in this guide.
- Guide to Getting Hired. Just finished college and looking for that opportunity to get hired? We have a complete guide to help you in your job search. How to land your first job, interview tips, mistakes to avoid, resume tips and more.
Some other Guides and Resources we have Explained
Choosing the right college is the best you can do to make your dreams come true and attain your goals.
Various pages within this website have all the information you need to help you chose the best College and the best career. Whether you would want to attend campus for your education or you would want to take your education online, we have all the information you need.
What to consider when enrolling for campus education. What are the other important costs to consider in addition to tuition? What about the availability of room and board and resident hall requirements and housing?
Online College Degrees
This website should help you with all the answers regarding online degree programs and provide you with details of colleges and universities that offer various accredited degree programs and an opportunity to request for more information from these online universities.
What are the financial aid options to help me pay for College? Learn about Financial Aid sources and applications for financial aid.
Primarily for-profit online schools
College accreditation. What you need to know about College accreditation and how to identify accredited colleges. This is a good guide to accreditation. Read it because you need to be sure about the reputation and recognition of the college of your choice.
Research has shown that a high number of students are looking for colleges with the lowest tuition rates or those that will guarantee the best value for money. Get to know all this information in our colleges with the lowest tuition rates page
Most Popular Majors
Which are the most popular College Majors? What majors within my career are most of the students taking and why? Should that be a factor when choosing my major?
Highest Earning Careers
What degree do you need to have to get into that career that pays the highest? Which careers have the highest entry salaries and what level of degree do you need to attain the highest positions with your chosen career
School Information and Statistics
What are some of the most important data that can help you determine the best College? Get important statistics such as graduation rates, acceptance rates, and default rates.
Get information about different admission requirements for each college, degrees program in a certain University and each degree level. Get to know about GPA test scores, deadlines, special requirements and tests required.
Growth and Recognition of Online Degree Programs.
According to Sloan consortium, the last five years have seen tremendous growth in online education. According to results of annual research conducted by the consortium, the growth in student enrollment for online degree programs are higher than the growth rates in total higher education enrollment rates meaning that the growth is higher than campus-based enrollment.
According to results of annual research conducted by the consortium, the growth in student enrollment for online degree programs are higher than the growth rates in total higher education enrollment rates meaning that the growth is higher than campus-based enrollment.
This has been the case in the last several years.
The growth in popularity of online education in the past few years has been tremendous. There has been documented research to show that online accredited degrees have earned the confidence of employers, students, and educational institutions.
Distance Education and Training Council found that employers felt that employees who took online classes performed better on the job as a result of taking online classes. That these graduates are used to working without having someone to look on their backs may explain this. It trains them to work independently.
When compared the traditional on-campus classes, they rated online programs as equal to on-campus degrees by half of the employers where more than half of academic leaders rated the learning outcome of online degrees as equal or better than on-campus degrees.
Millions of students around the world continue to enroll annually to different online accredited degree programs. Your busy schedule should not stop you from achieving your goals. With all the flexibility that comes with online degrees, you can take your career to the next level.